Tender lamb shoulder slow-cooked in Greek flavours of oregano, lemon and bay leaves serve with chilli garlic broccolini for a complete meal.
Make two meals for the price of one and save leftover lamb and reserve one-third (150g) of the broccolini for slow cooked lamb pasta recipe.
Looking for more slow-cooked recipes?
- 1 medium brown onions (150g), cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled, bruised
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 x 10cm sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1.6 kg lamb shoulder on the bone
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1 medium lemon (140g), cut into wedges
Chilli garlic broccolini
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 2 long fresh red chillis, halved lengthways
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20 grams butter
- 400 grams broccolini, trimmed
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Oil the base of a large shallow-sided oven tray. Place onion, garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, and lamb on tray. Rub lamb with oil; sprinkle with oregano. Season well.
- 2Pour stock into base of tray; cover tray tightly with foil. Roast lamb for 5 hours.
- 3Increase oven to 200°C. Remove foil from lamb, skim fat from the liquid; spoon pan juices over lamb.
- 4Roast lamb, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes or until juices are reduced and lamb is browned.
- 5Meanwhile, make chilli garlic broccolini. Bring the water, chilli, garlic and butter to the boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Season. Add broccolini; cook, covered, for 4 minutes or until broccolini is tender and water is almost evaporated. Reserve one-third (150g) of the broccolini for slow cooked lamb pasta recipe. Cover and refrigerate.
- 6Serve lamb and pan juices with chilli garlic broccolini and lemon wedges.
It's easier to coarsely shred the lamb for slow-cooked lamb and rosemary pasta while it is still warm; you will need 3 cups (420g) coarsely shredded lamb.This recipe is not suitable to freeze.Serve with roast potato wedges or mash.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Veal braciole with rice and peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef mince and rice burritosYesterday 3:11am
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022