Sizzling sesame beef stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 600 gram beef scotch fillet, trimmed, sliced very thinly
- 450 gram packet thick fresh hokkien noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 white onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 120 gram snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, trimmed, leaves separated
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- green onion, curled, to serve (see tip)
Sizzling sesame beef stir fry
- 1Whisk sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and garlic in a jug. Place beef in a glass bowl. Pour half of sauce mixture over beef; stir to combine. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes, to marinate.
- 2Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Stand 2 minutes, until softened. Stir with a fork to separate. Drain.
- 3Heat half of peanut oil in a wok on high, swirling to coat. Drain beef from marinade; discard marinade. Stir-fry beef, in batches, 1-2 minutes, until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- 4Add remaining peanut oil to wok. Add white onion and carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add capsicum; stir-fry 2 mins. Add snow peas and bok choy; stir-fry 1 minute.
- 5Return beef to wok with noodles and remaining sauce mixture. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes, until heated through. Sprinkle over sesame seeds. Top with green onion curls, to serve.
To make green onion curls, slice 1 green onion into long, thin strips. Place in iced water in fridge for 10 mins, until curled. You can also use rump or blade steak for this stir-fry, if preferred.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022