Six jet planes
- 3 x 340g packets butter cake mix
- 1 quantity butter cream
- green food colouring
- red, yellow and black sweets
- 6 plastic aeroplanes
Butter cream (1 quantity)
- 125 gram (40z) softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup 240g) icing (confectioners’) sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
Six jet planes
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease cake pan, line base with baking paper.
- 2Make cakes according to directions on packets, pour mixture into pan. Bake about 50 minutes. Stand in pan 5 minutes before turning top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
- 3Using a serrated knife, level cake top, place cake cut-side down on cake board, securing with a little frosting.
- 4To make butter cream. Beat the butter (and any flavouring if using) in a small bowl with an electric beater until the butter is as white as possible. (This will result in a whiter buttercream which will give you better results if colouring it). Gradually beat in half of the sifted icing sugar, then the milk, then the remaining sifted icing sugar.Beat until the butter cream is smooth and spreadable. Keep scraping down the side of the bowl during beating.
- 5Tint butter cream green. Spread all over cake. Decorate sides with red and yellow sweets to form arrows, decorate top with black sweets to create a runway. Using the picture as a guide, position planes on cake.
Equipment 22cm x 34cm number 6 cake pan 25cm x 40cm rectangular cake board If you can't purchase the red, yellow and black sweets you could use jelly beans or Smarties.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fish skewers with labne & chilli tomato saladOct 30, 2020
- Vegan mayonnaiseOct 30, 2020
- Smoky tomato & bacon frittersOct 30, 2020
- Japanese cabbage pancakesOct 30, 2020
- Vegetable & lentil pot piesOct 30, 2020
- Lemon drizzle cakeOct 30, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeOct 30, 2020
- Blueberry muffinsOct 29, 2020
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesOct 29, 2020
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020