- 450 gram fresh singapore noodles
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 small (80g) brown onion, sliced finely
- 2 bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped finely
- 3 piece (15g) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 3 cup (480g) barbecued chicken, shredded
- 6 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet sherry
- 1Place noodles in large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; separate with fork, drain.
- 2Heat oil in wok; stir-fry brown onion, bacon and ginger for about 2 minutes or until onion softens and bacon is crisp. Add curry powder; stir-fry until fragrant.
- 3Add noodles and remaining ingredients; stir-fry until hot.
To get the amount of shredded meat needed for this recipe, purchase a large barbecued chicken weighing about 900g. Not suitable to freeze or microwave. This dish has lots of texture and only mild curry flavours, so try a textured wine such as a viognier or unwooded chardonnay.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlYesterday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsYesterday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesJul 05, 2020
- Silverside frittersJul 05, 2020
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyJul 05, 2020
- Perfect pumpkin recipesJul 05, 2020
- Pumpkin pieJul 05, 2020
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020