Looking for more fritter recipes?
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 200 gram sliced silverside beef, chopped
- 190 gram can super sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander, plus 2 tablespoons extra
- vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- mixed salad, to serve
- 1Sift flour into a bowl; make a well at centre. Whisk egg and buttermilk in a jug. Season. Pour egg mixture into well; stir until combined and smooth. Add silverside, corn and coriander; stir to combine.
- 2Heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over moderate heat (oil is ready when a cube of bread crisps quickly without absorbing oil). Spoon ¼-cup measures of batter into pan. Cook, in batches, for 5 minutes or until golden and cooked. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels; cover to keep warm.
- 3Combine sweet chill sauce, sour cream and extra coriander in a bowl. Serve fritters with coriander sauce and salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022