Sichuan ma po tofu
- 2 teaspoon sichuan peppercorns, toasted, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chinese cooking wine (shaoxing)
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 3 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 gram minced pork
- 2 tablespoon chilli bean paste
- 300 gram fresh silken tofu, drained, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/4 cup (35g) roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
Sichuan ma po tofu
- 1Stir peppercorns in a wok over medium heat for 1 minute or until fragrant. Crush peppercorns lightly with a mortar and pestle.
- 2Whisk cornflour, cooking wine, stock, sauce, sugar and the water in a medium jug until combined.
- 3Heat sesame oil in a wok over high heat; add garlic and pork; stir-fry for 8 minutes or until pork is browned. Stir in bean paste and half the peppercorns; stir-fry mixture for a further minute.
- 4Stir cornflour mixture into pork mixture in wok; cook until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 5 minutes. Carefully add tofu and stir gently to combine. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Divide ma po tofu among bowls; top with peanuts, onion and remaining crushed peppercorns. Serve with steamed rice, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tangy Thai beef saladToday 6:23am
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020