Sichuan ma po tofu
- 2 teaspoon sichuan peppercorns, toasted, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chinese cooking wine (shaoxing)
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 3 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 gram minced pork
- 2 tablespoon chilli bean paste
- 300 gram fresh silken tofu, drained, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/4 cup (35g) roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
Sichuan ma po tofu
- 1Stir peppercorns in a wok over medium heat for 1 minute or until fragrant. Crush peppercorns lightly with a mortar and pestle.
- 2Whisk cornflour, cooking wine, stock, sauce, sugar and the water in a medium jug until combined.
- 3Heat sesame oil in a wok over high heat; add garlic and pork; stir-fry for 8 minutes or until pork is browned. Stir in bean paste and half the peppercorns; stir-fry mixture for a further minute.
- 4Stir cornflour mixture into pork mixture in wok; cook until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 5 minutes. Carefully add tofu and stir gently to combine. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Divide ma po tofu among bowls; top with peanuts, onion and remaining crushed peppercorns. Serve with steamed rice, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mixed berry clafoutisYesterday 12:14am
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019
- Berry and coconut chia puddingAug 07, 2019
- 22 pasta recipesAug 07, 2019
- Roast vegetable spelt pastaAug 06, 2019
- 10 easy bread recipesAug 06, 2019
- Slow-cooked lamb with braised green beansAug 06, 2019
- Chicken dinner recipesAug 06, 2019