- 470 gram broccolini
- 4 green onions, white and green parts
- 2 teaspoon sichuan peppercorns
- 1/4 cup (60ml) grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 4 fresh long red chillies, chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 gram gai lan, cut into thirds
- 150 gram green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 200 gram marinated tofu, sliced
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1Cut broccolini in half; keep stems and tops separated. Coarsely chop the white part of the onion; thinly slice the green part. Keep white and green parts separated.
- 2Dry-fry peppercorns in a wok over medium heat, stirring continuously, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Grind peppercorns in a small food processor. Add oil, rice syrup, chilli, chilli flakes, garlic and white part of onion; process until finely chopped.
- 3Cook chilli mixture in wok over medium-high heat, stirring, for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add broccolini stems, gai lan, beans and the water; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add broccolini tops, tofu and sauce; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tofu is heated through and vegetables are just tender.
- 4Serve sprinkled with green part of onion.
For a milder dish, simply halve the Sichuan peppercorns, chillies and chilli flakes in the recipe below. You will need 2 bunches of broccolini for this recipe. Substitute any of the vegetables in this recipe with another asian green. Tofu can be substituted with barbecued chicken or smoked chicken breast.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021