- 750 gram beef sirloin steak, 2cm cubes
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- steamed rice, lime wedges, to serve
Sweet and sour onions
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1In large bowl combine beef with sauces, sugar, garlic and sesame oil. Season with black pepper. Marinate 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2Make sweet and sour onions: In a bowl combine vinegar, sugar and salt, stirring to dissolve. Add onion and mix well. Set aside 15 minutes.
- 3In a wok or large frying pan heat peanut oil on high. Stir-fry beef in 2 batches, 2-3 minutes each, until browned.
- 4Arrange watercress and tomatoes on a serving platter. Top with beef and sweet and sour onions. Serve with lime wedges and steamed rice.
Use a good quality lean cut of beef – scotch fillet or rump also works well.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate fig panforteToday 1:18am
- Coconut sago puddingsToday 12:50am
- White christmas rocky roadToday 12:28am
- Coriander, lemon and chilli hummusToday 12:20am
- Thai green chicken curryYesterday 1:04am
- Coconut jam dropsNov 17, 2019
- Raspberry gelatoNov 17, 2019
- Rosé sangriaNov 17, 2019
- Bordelaise sauceNov 17, 2019
- Corned beef with mustard sauceNov 17, 2019
- The perfect potato chipNov 17, 2019
- Perfect potato saladNov 15, 2019
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsNov 14, 2019
- Banoffee pieNov 14, 2019
- Classic Christmas trifleNov 14, 2019
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingNov 14, 2019