Sesame tofu salad
- 2 x 300g blocks silken firm tofu
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoon kalonji
- 2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 100 gram red oak lettuce leaves, torn
- 100 gram mizuna
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado (320g), chopped coarsely
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 2 shallots (50g), chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 centimetre (½-inch) piece fresh ginger (5g), grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
Sesame tofu salad
- 1Press tofu between two chopping boards with weight on top, raise one end; stand 25 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, make sesame dressing. Place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Cut each tofu block lengthways into four slices; pat dry with absorbent paper. Combine seeds, chilli and cornflour in large shallow bowl; press seed mixture onto both sides of tofu slices.
- 4Heat oil in medium saucepan; deep-fry tofu, in batches, until golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 5Place remaining ingredients in large bowl; toss gently to combine. Divide salad among serving plates; top with tofu, drizzle with dressing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020