Sesame tofu salad
- 2 x 300g blocks silken firm tofu
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoon kalonji
- 2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 100 gram red oak lettuce leaves, torn
- 100 gram mizuna
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado (320g), chopped coarsely
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 2 shallots (50g), chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 centimetre (½-inch) piece fresh ginger (5g), grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
Sesame tofu salad
- 1Press tofu between two chopping boards with weight on top, raise one end; stand 25 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, make sesame dressing. Place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Cut each tofu block lengthways into four slices; pat dry with absorbent paper. Combine seeds, chilli and cornflour in large shallow bowl; press seed mixture onto both sides of tofu slices.
- 4Heat oil in medium saucepan; deep-fry tofu, in batches, until golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 5Place remaining ingredients in large bowl; toss gently to combine. Divide salad among serving plates; top with tofu, drizzle with dressing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020