Sesame duck salad
- 1 whole chinese roasted duck
- 2 tablespoon chinese black vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 500 gram chinese cabbage, shredded finely
- 1 large (350g) red capsicum, chopped finely
- 4 green onions (green shallots), sliced finely
- 1/2 ripe pineapple (400g), peeled, cored, chopped coarsely
- 1 lebanese cucumber (130g), chopped finely
- 1 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- 20 mint leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Sesame duck salad
- 1Remove the skin from the duck and, using a pair of kitchen scissors, cut it into thin strips. Put the strips on to a baking tray and cook under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes, or until glossy and browned. Remove and drain on paper towel..
- 2Remove the meat from the duck and roughly shred into a bowl. Add any of the cooking juices from the duck to the meat.
- 3To make the dressing whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- 4On a large serving platter or board arrange the cabbage, red capsicum, spring onion, pineapple, cucumber, herbs, shredded duck meat and half the crispy duck skin.
- 5Just before serving drizzle over the dressing and top with remaining duck skin and top with sesame seeds
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021