- 350 gram bean thread vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 (400g) chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 (150g) brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 gram broccolini, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 fresh long red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (80g) bean sprouts
- 1Place vermicelli in a medium heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand until just tender, drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat half the oil in wok and in batches, stir-fry chicken until browned. Remove from wok.
- 3Heat remaining oil in wok and stir-fry brown onion, garlic and broccolini until onion softens.
- 4Return chicken to wok with vermicelli, combined sauces, sesame seeds and half the chilli, half the green onion and half the sprouts. Stir-fry just until hot.
- 5Serve stir-fry topped with remaining chilli, green onion and sprouts.
Bean thread vermicelli is called win sen in Thailand and fun si in China. While it resembles rice vermicelli in appearance, it is tougher and can be quite hard. Soak the vermicelli only long enough to soften otherwise it will become stodgy or start to fragment. This is also a good vermicelli to deep-fry to make puffed parcels.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021