- 350 gram bean thread vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 (400g) chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 (150g) brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 gram broccolini, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 fresh long red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (80g) bean sprouts
- 1Place vermicelli in a medium heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand until just tender, drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat half the oil in wok and in batches, stir-fry chicken until browned. Remove from wok.
- 3Heat remaining oil in wok and stir-fry brown onion, garlic and broccolini until onion softens.
- 4Return chicken to wok with vermicelli, combined sauces, sesame seeds and half the chilli, half the green onion and half the sprouts. Stir-fry just until hot.
- 5Serve stir-fry topped with remaining chilli, green onion and sprouts.
Bean thread vermicelli is called win sen in Thailand and fun si in China. While it resembles rice vermicelli in appearance, it is tougher and can be quite hard. Soak the vermicelli only long enough to soften otherwise it will become stodgy or start to fragment. This is also a good vermicelli to deep-fry to make puffed parcels.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 6:37am
- 28 picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Spring rollsYesterday 1:55am
- Mixed berry muffinsYesterday 12:30am
- Almond caramel barsSep 23, 2021
- Sausage rollsSep 23, 2021
- Mussels in tomato sauceSep 23, 2021
- Air fryer vegetable spring rollsSep 23, 2021
- Our 23 best toastie recipesSep 23, 2021
- Thai spring rollsSep 23, 2021
- Teriyaki chicken salad rollsSep 23, 2021
- Easy vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2021
- TabboulehSep 23, 2021
- Greek salad lamb pitta pocketsSep 23, 2021
- 20 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertSep 23, 2021