- 1 cup (200g) frozen shelled edamame
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- ¼ cup (40g) plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- ½ cup (40g) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 60 grams snow pea tendrils
- 2 baby cucumbers (qukes), sliced on the diagonal
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly lengthways
- ⅓ cup (100g) Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon shichimi togarashi
- 1Cook edamame in a small saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain again.
- 2Lightly dust chicken in flour, shaking off any excess. Coat in egg, then breadcrumbs combined with sesame seeds.
- 3Place oil in a small heavy-based frying pan until a third full. Heat over medium-high heat until hot; cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Cool; slice thickly.
- 4Make dressing.
- 5Divide chicken, snow pea tendrils, cucumber, edamame and green onion between bowls; season to taste.
- 6Drizzle salad with the dressing.
- 7Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesYesterday 9:16pm
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Dark chocolate mud cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020