- 1 cup (200g) frozen shelled edamame
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- ¼ cup (40g) plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- ½ cup (40g) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 60 grams snow pea tendrils
- 2 baby cucumbers (qukes), sliced on the diagonal
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly lengthways
- ⅓ cup (100g) Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon shichimi togarashi
- 1Cook edamame in a small saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain again.
- 2Lightly dust chicken in flour, shaking off any excess. Coat in egg, then breadcrumbs combined with sesame seeds.
- 3Place oil in a small heavy-based frying pan until a third full. Heat over medium-high heat until hot; cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Cool; slice thickly.
- 4Make dressing.
- 5Divide chicken, snow pea tendrils, cucumber, edamame and green onion between bowls; season to taste.
- 6Drizzle salad with the dressing.
- 7Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020