- 1 cup (200g) frozen shelled edamame
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- ¼ cup (40g) plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- ½ cup (40g) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 60 grams snow pea tendrils
- 2 baby cucumbers (qukes), sliced on the diagonal
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly lengthways
- ⅓ cup (100g) Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon shichimi togarashi
- 1Cook edamame in a small saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain again.
- 2Lightly dust chicken in flour, shaking off any excess. Coat in egg, then breadcrumbs combined with sesame seeds.
- 3Place oil in a small heavy-based frying pan until a third full. Heat over medium-high heat until hot; cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Cool; slice thickly.
- 4Make dressing.
- 5Divide chicken, snow pea tendrils, cucumber, edamame and green onion between bowls; season to taste.
- 6Drizzle salad with the dressing.
- 7Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021