- 6 slice white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 500 gram beef mince
- 250 gram sausage mince
- 1 medium (200g) red capsicum, chopped finely
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup (60ml) barbecue sauce
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 125 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a shallow oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Combine the bread and milk in a medium bowl; stand 2 minutes. Lightly squeeze bread to remove excess milk; discard excess milk.
- 3Place bread, minces, capsicum, onion, sauce, egg, parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Using hands, mix thoroughly to combine.
- 4Line base of a loaf pan with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over long sides. Using the loaf pan as a mould, press the mince mixture firmly into the pan. Turn meatloaf out onto the prepared tray; discard lining paper. Spoon half the combined canned and cherry tomatoes over the meatloaf.
- 5Bake meatloaf, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Top with remaining tomatoes (some will fall onto the paper); bake for a further 20 minutes or until cooked through. Stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019