- 500 gram brown basmati rice
- 350 gram sashimi-grade salmon
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 gram baby asian salad leaves
- 1/4 cup (70g) pickled ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1First cook the rice, according to the manufacturer's instructions; cool slightly.
- 2Meanwhile roll salmon in combined sesame seeds and wasabi powder until coated.
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook salmon for 1 minute each side or until browned but still raw in the centre. Cool for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
- 4Place brown rice in a large bowl with salad leaves, ginger, onion, chilli and avocado; toss gently to combine.
- 5Place sauce, juice and extra oil in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 6Arrange rice salad and salmon on a platter; drizzle with dressing. Serve with lime wedges.
If you can't find wasabi powder, use the equivalent amount of wasabi paste and spread it over the salmon before rolling it in sesame seeds. If you are unable to obtain sashimi-grade raw salmon, or prefer your fish cooked, simply cook the fish for a further 1½ minutes on each side or until cooked through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019