- 500 gram brown basmati rice
- 350 gram sashimi-grade salmon
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 gram baby asian salad leaves
- 1/4 cup (70g) pickled ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1First cook the rice, according to the manufacturer's instructions; cool slightly.
- 2Meanwhile roll salmon in combined sesame seeds and wasabi powder until coated.
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook salmon for 1 minute each side or until browned but still raw in the centre. Cool for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
- 4Place brown rice in a large bowl with salad leaves, ginger, onion, chilli and avocado; toss gently to combine.
- 5Place sauce, juice and extra oil in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 6Arrange rice salad and salmon on a platter; drizzle with dressing. Serve with lime wedges.
If you can't find wasabi powder, use the equivalent amount of wasabi paste and spread it over the salmon before rolling it in sesame seeds. If you are unable to obtain sashimi-grade raw salmon, or prefer your fish cooked, simply cook the fish for a further 1½ minutes on each side or until cooked through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vanilla cake with vanilla bean icingOct 20, 2019
- Wheaty banana muffinsOct 20, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019