Seared salmon with almonds and labne
- 500 gram greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1 cup almonds, roasted
- 500 gram skinless salmon fillets, cut lengthways into 2 fillets
- 4 small pita bread, chargrilled
- pomegranate seeds, to serve
- 1 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 cup chopped mint leaves
- 4 tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 lebanese cucumber, seeded, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Seared salmon with almond salad and labne
- 1Place a sieve or colander over a mixing bowl. Line sieve with a cheese cloth then spoon yoghurt into it. Bring tips of cloth together and tie with rubber band. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2In a large frying pan, heat half oil on high. Saute eggplant for 4-5 minutes until tender. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, cool slightly.
- 3In a small food processor, pulse almonds until coarsely chopped. Toss through eggplant.
- 4In same pan, heat remaining oil on high. Sear salmon for 1 minute each side. Transfer to a plate. Cut into 1.5cm slices.
- 5Meanwhile, to make salad; in a large bowl, toss herbs, tomato, cucumber and onion together. In a jug, whisk remaining ingredients together. Season. Toss through salad just before serving.
- 6Top pita bread with labne, salad and salmon slices. Serve sprinkled with pomegranate seeds.
Labne is easy to make and saves you money too.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020