- 3 dried medium chillies
- ¹⁄³ cup (80ml) boiling water
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped coarsely
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger (10g), grated
- 10 cm stick fresh lemongrass (20g), chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon halved, unroasted, unsalted macadamias
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh coriander root and stem mixture
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 12 uncooked medium king prawns (shrimp) (540g)
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 3¼ cups (810ml) coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded finely
- 155 grams rice stick noodles
- 280 grams scallops, roe removed
- 155 grams marinated tofu, cut into
- 2 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups (160g) bean sprouts
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1Make laksa paste. Cover chillies with the water in small heatproof bowl, stand 10 minutes; drain. Blend or process chillies with remaining ingredients until mixture is smooth.
- 2Meanwhile, shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- 3Cook paste in large saucepan, stirring, about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in stock, coconut milk and lime leaves; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, place noodles in large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until tender, drain.
- 5Add prawns to laksa mixture; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until prawns change colour. Add scallops and tofu; simmer, uncovered, about 3 minutes or until scallops change colour. Remove from heat; stir in juice.
- 6Divide noodles among serving bowls; ladle laksa into bowls, top with sprouts, onion, chilli and coriander leaves.
The laksa paste can be made several days ahead; keep refrigerated. Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apricot bliss ballsDec 07, 2021
- Cute canapes to start your dinner partyDec 07, 2021
- Perfect Christmas finger food recipesDec 07, 2021
- 31 tasty ways to use your leftover Christmas hamDec 07, 2021
- Chicken and lemon risottoDec 07, 2021
- Rice-cooker bibimbapDec 07, 2021
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeDec 06, 2021
- Our best shepherd's pieDec 06, 2021
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesDec 06, 2021
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesDec 06, 2021
- Stained glass biscottiDec 06, 2021
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsDec 06, 2021
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonDec 06, 2021