- 50 gram butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup white sparkling wine
- 1 cup milk, hot
- 250 gram white fish, cut into pieces
- 250 gram shelled raw prawns
- spray oil
- 100 gram flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, plus extra for cooking crepes
- 1Heat the butter in a medium saucepan and saute the onion, garlic and celery gently for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- 2Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes until sandy in texture and light golden. Gradually add the wine and stir well until absorbed.
- 3Slowly whisk in the hot milk until thickened. Simmer for 2 minutes then add the fish and prawns and cook for a further 5-6 minutes. Check seasoning. Cool, then chill.
- 4Place the flour in a bowl and add the eggs and milk, whisking until smooth. Add the chives, celery salt and melted butter, mixing until well combined. Let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- 5Heat a small amount of butter in a nonstick pan and add ¼ cup of crêpe batter. Swirl the pan around to make a thin circle.
- 6Cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden underneath, then flip and cook the remaining side. Layer on a plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
- 7Heat the seafood mix. Arrange crêpes on warmed plates and fill with a generous amount of seafood. Garnish with chopped chives and cracked pepper.
Make this creamy seafood mornay mix the day before and simply reheat and spoon into warm crêpes to serve. Or make them up, place on an oven tray, then top with a little grated cheese and grill until golden. Add scallops or mussels too. Make your own crêpes or buy them ready-made at the supermarket.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- 30 sweet slice recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeJan 19, 2022