- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 175 gram packet rindless bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 cup milk, warmed
- 1 1/2 cup fish stock
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 125 gram can corn kernels, rinsed
- 350 gram mixed seafood or seafood marinara mix
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over moderately high heat. Cook and stir bacon for 5 minutes or until brown.
- 2Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Stir in flour until combined. Gradually add milk, stock and potato, stirring. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 3Stir in corn and marinara mix. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until seafood is just cooked. Remove from heat. Season with salt and ground white pepper.
- 4Ladle soup into bowls. Serve sprinkled with chives.
You'll find marinara mix at the fish shop and most supermarkets. To prevent excess liquid in sauce, sear marinara mix in a hot pan. Serve with garlic or herb bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 easy Japanese dishesYesterday 11:00pm
- Roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheese delightsYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cream soup with mushroomsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesecake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef silverside with parsley chat potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our favourite family roastsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy and tasty low-fat recipesJul 30, 2020
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseJul 30, 2020
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toJul 30, 2020
- Lamb shanks massamanJul 29, 2020
- Healthy banana breadJul 29, 2020
- Sensational savoury piesJul 29, 2020