- 1.5 kilogram uncooked king prawns
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 litre (8 cups) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 800 gram firm white fish fillets, skinned
- 400 gram canned crushed tomato
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup (120g) crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, extra
- 1Shell and devein 8 prawns, keeping tails intact; place shells and heads in a large bowl. Reserve shelled prawns in a small bowl; cover, refrigerate, until required. Add remaining unshelled prawns to large bowl.
- 2Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over high heat; cook onion, garlic, carrot and celery, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion begins to soften. Add prawn mixture; cook, stirring 5 minutes or until prawns change colour. Stir in herbs and paste. Add the water and wine; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, add fish; simmer 20 minutes, skimming the surface occasionally with a ladle to remove scum.
- 3Remove fish from stock; cover until required.
- 4Increase stock to medium heat, add tomatoes and potatoes; season. Cook for 40 minutes or until soup has reduced slightly. Cool 10 minutes.
- 5Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Push blended soup through a fine sieve into a clean medium saucepan over heat; return to the boil.
- 6Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook reserved prawns for 1 minute each side or until just cooked through.
- 7Stir crème fraîche and juice into soup; season to taste. Ladle soup into bowls; top with flaked fish, prawns and extra chopped parsley.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020