- 375 gram strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) elderflower cordial
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vodka, chilled
- 750 millilitre bottle prosecco, chilled
- 3 litre (12 cups) lemon sorbet
- 1Place six glasses in the freezer to chill. Meanwhile, to make strawberry puree, blend or process strawberries and cordial until smooth. Transfer to a jug; refrigerate until needed
- 2To make the scroppino, place half the vodka in a blender; slowly pour in half the wine, then add half the sorbet. Blend, in bursts, until combined.
- 3Pour 1 tablespoon strawberry puree into the base of chilled glass, top with scroppino; serve immediately.
- 4Repeat with remaining ingredients.
This traditional frozen Venetian drink made with gelato is hard to categorise - part drink, part dessert with a texture more akin to a slushie. We've used sorbet instead of gelato but, either way, it's delicious; just be sure to serve it with long spoons or straws, if served in tall glasses.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 29 fabulous fetta recipesJun 24, 2022
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022