- 600 grams firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 30 grams (1 ounce) baby spinach, sliced thinly
- 1 large tomato (220g), chopped
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped finely
- 1 cup (240g) canned refried beans with chilli
- 4 x 21cm (8½-inch) red quinoa wraps or tortillas (100g)
- 1 medium avocado (250g), chopped
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- hot chilli sauce, to taste
- 1 lime (65g), cut into wedges
- 1Pat tofu dry with paper towel. Crumble tofu into pieces with your fingers.
- 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook tofu and tamari, stirring, for 2 minutes or until warmed through. Add spinach, tomato and green onion and cook for 1 minute. Season to taste. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 3Stir beans in a small saucepan over low heat until hot. Spread beans on wraps; top with tofu mixture, avocado, coriander and sauce. Roll up to enclose; tie with kitchen string, if you like. Serve with lime wedges.
The recipe is best made close to serving. For a milder flavour, you can use plain refried beans and omit the hot chilli sauce. The beans can be heated in the microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsToday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019