- 600 grams firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 30 grams (1 ounce) baby spinach, sliced thinly
- 1 large tomato (220g), chopped
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped finely
- 1 cup (240g) canned refried beans with chilli
- 4 x 21cm (8½-inch) red quinoa wraps or tortillas (100g)
- 1 medium avocado (250g), chopped
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- hot chilli sauce, to taste
- 1 lime (65g), cut into wedges
- 1Pat tofu dry with paper towel. Crumble tofu into pieces with your fingers.
- 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook tofu and tamari, stirring, for 2 minutes or until warmed through. Add spinach, tomato and green onion and cook for 1 minute. Season to taste. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 3Stir beans in a small saucepan over low heat until hot. Spread beans on wraps; top with tofu mixture, avocado, coriander and sauce. Roll up to enclose; tie with kitchen string, if you like. Serve with lime wedges.
The recipe is best made close to serving. For a milder flavour, you can use plain refried beans and omit the hot chilli sauce. The beans can be heated in the microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheToday 1:59am
- Classic sconesToday 1:35am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 6:00pm
- Tangy lemon squaresYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- ShortbreadYesterday 2:00pm
- Traditional beef casseroleYesterday 2:00pm
- Garlic beansYesterday 2:00pm
- Anzac biscuit recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla cupcakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Garlic prawns with steamed riceYesterday 2:00pm
- Chocolate rough sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- Homemade pastyYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Richest beef casseroleYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm