Nothing quite beats scrambled eggs and bacon for a hearty breakfast or weekend brunch. Whether you're a bit under the weather from the night before or not.
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 thin rindless bacon slices (240g)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 30 grams butter
- 4 slices crusty white bread (280g), toasted
- 1Preheat grill.
- 2Toss tomatoes in oil; place on oven tray with bacon. Cook bacon and tomato under grill until bacon is crisp and tomato skins start to split. Cover to keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, lightly beat eggs, cream and half the chives in medium bowl with a fork.
- 4Heat butter in large frying pan over medium heat. Add egg mixture, wait a few seconds, then use a wide spatula to gently scrape the set egg mixture along the base of the pan; cook until creamy and just set.
- 5Serve toast topped with egg, bacon and tomatoes; sprinkle with remaining chives.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021