- 3 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 45 gram butter, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam, warmed, plus extra to glaze
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line a 26 x 16cm slice pan.
- 2Sift flour into large bowl. Using fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre of the mixture. Add milk all at once, mixing lightly to form a firm dough. Roll or press dough out to a 24 x 30cm rectangle.
- 3In a bowl, combine jam and cinnamon. Spread over dough, and sprinkle currants over. Roll up lengthways to enclose filling.
- 4Cut into ten 3cm-thick slices. Arrange on tray, cut slice down. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until they sound hollow when tapped. Brush with a little extra jam while still hot. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsYesterday 5:00pm
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019