- 12 scallops, on the half shell
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (80 gram) small brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- saffron threads
- 2/3 cup (160 millilitres) pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon salmon roe
- 1Remove scallops from shells; wash and dry shells. Place shells on serving platter.
- 2Briefly rinse scallops under cold water; discard roe. Gently pat dry.
- 3In small saucepan, heat oil; cook onion until softened. Add rind, saffron and cream; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until mixture has reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stand 30 minutes. Stir in juice; stand 10 minutes. Strain, then return to clean pan; stir over low heat until heated through.
- 4Meanwhile, cook scallops, in batches, on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until cooked as desired. Return scallops to shells; top with cream sauce and salmon roe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021