- 24 scallops, on the half shell
- 60 gram butter
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed, sliced thinly
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup (80 millilitres) pernod
- 300 millilitre cream
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fennel frond tips
- 1Remove scallops from shells; wash shells, dry thoroughly, reserve.
- 2Melt 2/3 the butter in large frying pan; cook fennel, in batches, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes or until softened.
- 3In same pan, heat remaining butter; cook onion, stirring, until soft. Return fennel to pan with scallops, pernod and cream; cook about 2 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- 4Divide shells among serving plates. Using slotted spoon, transfer scallops to scallop shells. Reduce heat under sauce; simmer, stirring, until sauce thickens slightly. Spoon sauce over scallops; sprinkle with frond tips.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021