- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 gram beef mince
- 100 gram button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and diced
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water, stock or red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, plus extra, to serve
- 1 long baguette, out into 4, halved and toasted
- mixed leaves, to serve
- 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium. Sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until the onion is tender.
- 2Add mince to the onion mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes until well browned, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks.
- 3Stir in mushrooms, carrot and celery, mixing well. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes, water and tomato paste. Season to taste, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley. Serve on toast, sprinkled with extra parsley. Accompany with mixed leaves.
This mixture can be cooled then frozen or refrigerated in required portions. Chicken, lamb or turkey mince can be used instead of beef mince.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021