- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 600 gram minced beef
- 1/2 cup (140g) tomato paste
- 800 gram canned diced tomatoes
- 1Cook onion in heated oiled large saucepan, stirring, over heat, until softened. Add beef; cook, stirring, until beef changes colour.
- 2Add paste and undrained tomatoes to pan; bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes or until thick. Season to taste.
This recipe could also be used as a base for lasagne, cottage pie, nachos and bolognese.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020