- 3 (240g) rindless bacon rashers, halved
- 2 thick (300g) sausages
- 3 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup (260g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 6 eggs
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Oil a six-hole (3/4 cup/180ml) Texas muffin pan.
- 2Cook bacon in a large frying pan until browned and crisp; drain on absorbent paper. Cook sausages in same pan until browned all over and cooked through; cool. Slice sausages thinly.
- 3Cut two 13cm rounds from each pastry sheet; press rounds into pan holes. Prick bases with fork. Lay bacon over base and side of pastry. Top with sausage; pour over pasta sauce. Bake 10 minutes.
- 4Using a spoon, make an indent in sauce. Crack an egg carefully into each pie; bake about 15 minutes or until egg is set.
- 5Serve sprinkled with onion.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Jerk chickensYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Ice blocks and popsicles to cool you downOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021