- 3 (240g) rindless bacon rashers, halved
- 2 thick (300g) sausages
- 3 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup (260g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 6 eggs
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Oil a six-hole (3/4 cup/180ml) Texas muffin pan.
- 2Cook bacon in a large frying pan until browned and crisp; drain on absorbent paper. Cook sausages in same pan until browned all over and cooked through; cool. Slice sausages thinly.
- 3Cut two 13cm rounds from each pastry sheet; press rounds into pan holes. Prick bases with fork. Lay bacon over base and side of pastry. Top with sausage; pour over pasta sauce. Bake 10 minutes.
- 4Using a spoon, make an indent in sauce. Crack an egg carefully into each pie; bake about 15 minutes or until egg is set.
- 5Serve sprinkled with onion.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020