- 3 (240g) rindless bacon rashers, halved
- 2 thick (300g) sausages
- 3 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup (260g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 6 eggs
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Oil a six-hole (3/4 cup/180ml) Texas muffin pan.
- 2Cook bacon in a large frying pan until browned and crisp; drain on absorbent paper. Cook sausages in same pan until browned all over and cooked through; cool. Slice sausages thinly.
- 3Cut two 13cm rounds from each pastry sheet; press rounds into pan holes. Prick bases with fork. Lay bacon over base and side of pastry. Top with sausage; pour over pasta sauce. Bake 10 minutes.
- 4Using a spoon, make an indent in sauce. Crack an egg carefully into each pie; bake about 15 minutes or until egg is set.
- 5Serve sprinkled with onion.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022