- 3 (240g) rindless bacon rashers, halved
- 2 thick (300g) sausages
- 3 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup (260g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 6 eggs
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Oil a six-hole (3/4 cup/180ml) Texas muffin pan.
- 2Cook bacon in a large frying pan until browned and crisp; drain on absorbent paper. Cook sausages in same pan until browned all over and cooked through; cool. Slice sausages thinly.
- 3Cut two 13cm rounds from each pastry sheet; press rounds into pan holes. Prick bases with fork. Lay bacon over base and side of pastry. Top with sausage; pour over pasta sauce. Bake 10 minutes.
- 4Using a spoon, make an indent in sauce. Crack an egg carefully into each pie; bake about 15 minutes or until egg is set.
- 5Serve sprinkled with onion.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019