- 3 (240g) rindless bacon rashers, halved
- 2 thick (300g) sausages
- 3 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup (260g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 6 eggs
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Oil a six-hole (3/4 cup/180ml) Texas muffin pan.
- 2Cook bacon in a large frying pan until browned and crisp; drain on absorbent paper. Cook sausages in same pan until browned all over and cooked through; cool. Slice sausages thinly.
- 3Cut two 13cm rounds from each pastry sheet; press rounds into pan holes. Prick bases with fork. Lay bacon over base and side of pastry. Top with sausage; pour over pasta sauce. Bake 10 minutes.
- 4Using a spoon, make an indent in sauce. Crack an egg carefully into each pie; bake about 15 minutes or until egg is set.
- 5Serve sprinkled with onion.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleToday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesToday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesToday 12:20am
- Scone recipesYesterday 11:38pm
- PikeletsYesterday 6:00pm
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Sausage casseroleYesterday 2:00pm
- Irish soda bread rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter baking ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 classic baking recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter carrot cake with spiced buttercream & caramel sauceYesterday 2:30am
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020
- Easter bunny cakeApr 06, 2020