Sausage and bean bake
- 1.2 kilogram can cannellini beans
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 thick lamb sausages (600g)
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 gram can cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 3/4 cup (50g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Sausage and bean bake
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Empty the beans into a large colander; rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear. Drain well.
- 3Heat the oil in a large frying pan on the stove over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Add sausages; cook, turning occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through.
- 4Remove the sausages from the pan with tongs and put on a plate. When cool enough to handle; slice sausages thickly.
- 5Increase the heat to medium. Add the onion to the same pan; stir with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the garlic; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 6Return the sausages to the pan; add beans, undrained canned tomatoes and the water, stir until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Spoon the sausage mixture into a shallow 1.5-litre (6-cup) ovenproof dish or four 375ml dishes.
- 8To make breadcrumbs, remove crusts from bread slices with a serrated bread knife. Process until fine.
- 9Combine the breadcrumbs and parsley in a small bowl; sprinkle all over the sausage mixture. Place the dish on an oven tray; place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden and crisp.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesYesterday 1:54am
- Christmas in July recipesYesterday 1:30am
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020