- 2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 kilogram chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup bought satay sauce
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 850 gram frozen chinese-style stir-fry vegetable mix, thawed
- 8 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- mixed salad, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Grease 8 x 1 1/2-cup round ovenproof dishes. Place dishes on 2 baking trays.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook and stir chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned and cooked. Transfer to a heatproof plate.
- 3Add garlic to pan; cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Return chicken to pan. Add sauce, coconut cream and vegetables; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until sauce and vegetables are heated.
- 4Spoon chicken mixture into prepared dishes.
- 5Place pastry sheets on a flat surface. Cut 1 pastry disc from each sheet, using a 14cm diameter plate as a guide. Brush rim of each dish with egg; top with pastry. Fork edges to seal. Brush tops with any remaining egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Reserve 4 pies; cool. Serve remaining pies with salad.
Makes 8 Use pork leg steak or beef mince instead of chicken. Serve chicken satay pies with rice. Only have 4 ovenproof dishes? Freeze half the satay chicken mixture in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight and continue recipe from Step 3. Time: Allow extra cooking time for twice as many ingredients. It will take longer, but it's not always double. The pan: It's best to cook in a wider, not deeper saucepan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021