San choy bow
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 gram pork mince
- 6 green onions, finely sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 cup chopped ham
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup chopped bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 8 large whole iceberg lettuce leaves, washed, dried
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
San choy bow
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Saute ginger and garlic for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- 2Add mince and brown well for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the lumps with the back of a spoon as it browns.
- 3Stir in onion, ham, mushroom, bamboo shoots and bean sprouts. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Blend in sherry and sauces. Serve straight away in lettuce cups, sprinkled with extra green onion. Accompany with a little extra soy sauce and sliced chilli, if you like.
Ready-made falafel can be bought from some delicatessens and any kebab shop. You can also buy a packet mix from the supermarket and make them yourself. These easy, breezy diners will all be winners on a hot summer night.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021