Chilli lime dressing
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
Salt and pepper tofu
- 2 300g packets fresh firm tofu
- 1 small (150g) red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 small (150g) yellow capsicum, sliced thinly
- 100 gram snow peas, sliced thinly
- 1 small (70g) carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (80g) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chinese five spice
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- peanut oil, for deep-frying
Salt and pepper tofu with chilli lime dressing
- 1Dry tofu with absorbent paper. Cut each piece in half horizontally, cut each half into quarters (you will then have 16 pieces). Place tofu pieces, in a single layer, on absorbent paper. Cover with more absorbent paper. Stand 15 minutes.
- 2Combine capsicums, snow peas, carrot, sprouts and coriander in a large bowl.
- 3To make chilli lime dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- 4Combine pepper, salt, five spice and flour in a medium bowl; coat tofu in mixture shake away excess. Heat oil in wok; deep-fry tofu, in batches, until browned lightly. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 5Divide vegetables among serving plates, top with tofu. Drizzle with chilli lime dressing. Serve with extra lime wedges, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rosé sangriaYesterday 11:53pm
- ChurrosYesterday 2:00pm
- SangriaYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker silverbeet dhalYesterday 10:20am
- SpanakopitaYesterday 6:57am
- Lamb birriaYesterday 6:40am
- Sesame Turkish ring breadsYesterday 3:32am
- 42 brilliant brownie recipesYesterday 2:29am
- Chilli con carneYesterday 2:15am
- 30 easy vegetarian curry recipesYesterday 12:18am
- 23 easy bread recipesMay 18, 2022
- VichyssoiseMay 18, 2022
- Classic margaritaMay 18, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinMay 18, 2022
- Romesco sauceMay 18, 2022