- 1.2 kilogram piece salmon fillet (side), boned, skin on
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup (60g) toasted walnuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon drained baby capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a long oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place salmon, skin-side down, on tray; brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season. Roast 10 minutes for rare (or 15 minutes for almost cooked though).
- 3Meanwhile, combine herbs, nuts, garlic, capers, rind, juice and remaining oil in a medium bowl; season to taste.
- 4Transfer salmon to a long platter; sprinkle with the herb and walnut salsa and drizzle with extra oil.
Ask the fishmonger to pin-bone the salmon. Or, you can remove the bones from the centre of the fillet with tweezers. Rub your finger firmly over the flesh and you will be able to feel the bones. If you prefer, you can also ask the fishmonger to remove the skin, however it helps to hold the fish together when transferring it to a platter.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019