- 1.2 kilogram piece salmon fillet (side), boned, skin on
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup (60g) toasted walnuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon drained baby capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a long oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place salmon, skin-side down, on tray; brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season. Roast 10 minutes for rare (or 15 minutes for almost cooked though).
- 3Meanwhile, combine herbs, nuts, garlic, capers, rind, juice and remaining oil in a medium bowl; season to taste.
- 4Transfer salmon to a long platter; sprinkle with the herb and walnut salsa and drizzle with extra oil.
Ask the fishmonger to pin-bone the salmon. Or, you can remove the bones from the centre of the fillet with tweezers. Rub your finger firmly over the flesh and you will be able to feel the bones. If you prefer, you can also ask the fishmonger to remove the skin, however it helps to hold the fish together when transferring it to a platter.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019