- 1.2 kilogram piece salmon fillet (side), boned, skin on
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup (60g) toasted walnuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon drained baby capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a long oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place salmon, skin-side down, on tray; brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season. Roast 10 minutes for rare (or 15 minutes for almost cooked though).
- 3Meanwhile, combine herbs, nuts, garlic, capers, rind, juice and remaining oil in a medium bowl; season to taste.
- 4Transfer salmon to a long platter; sprinkle with the herb and walnut salsa and drizzle with extra oil.
Ask the fishmonger to pin-bone the salmon. Or, you can remove the bones from the centre of the fillet with tweezers. Rub your finger firmly over the flesh and you will be able to feel the bones. If you prefer, you can also ask the fishmonger to remove the skin, however it helps to hold the fish together when transferring it to a platter.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021