Salmon scotch eggs
- 8 eggs
- 415 gram can red salmon, drained, flaked
- 300 gram potatoes, peeled
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup oil
- mayonnaise, to serve
Salmon scotch eggs
- 1Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook potatoes 18-20 minutes, or until very tender. Mash well. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 2Meanwhile, place 6 eggs in large saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to the boil on high, stirring once. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 5-6 minutes. Cool under cold water. Crack shells in several places; peel. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, combine salmon, potato, onion, parsley, capers, gherkin, lemon juice and zest. Season to taste; mix well. Divide into 6 even portions. Mould each portion around one peeled egg.
- 4Beat remaining eggs in a shallow dish. Toss coated eggs in flour, followed by egg, then roll in breadcrumbs to coat. Place on a tray; chill 15 minutes.
- 5Heat oil in large frying pan on high. Cook eggs 6-8 minutes, turning until golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve hot or cold, with mayonnaise.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020