- 1 (sheet) shortcrust pastry
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 105 gram (3½ ounces) canned red salmon, drained, flaked
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Cut pastry into nine 7.5cm (3-inch) rounds; press pastry rounds into nine holes of a greased shallow round-based (1½-tablespoon/30ml) patty pan.
- 3Divide combined cheese and salmon among pastry cases.
- 4Whisk milk and egg together in a small jug; pour enough egg mixture into each pastry case to cover filling.
- 5Bake for about 20 minutes or until filling is set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing quichettes from pan. Serve immediately.
Recipe is best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019