These patties are a kids' all-time-favourite meal. You can serve them with a variety of vegetables, or even squished in a crusty baguette. They also freeze beautifully.
- 600 gram unpeeled floury potatoes, washed, chopped coarsely
- 6 stalks fresh dill, plus extra to serve
- 400 gram skinless salmon fillets, pin-boned
- ⅓ cup (60g) finely chopped gherkins
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup (100g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
- ½ cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1Place potato in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover; bring to the boil. Remove dill leaves from stalks; reserve
dill leaves. Place stalks in a greased steamer or metal colander; place salmon on top. Place steamer over boiling potato; cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and potato is tender. Remove steamer. Drain potato; return to pan and mash. Set aside to cool.
- 2Flake salmon. Chop reserved dill leaves coarsely. Add flaked salmon, chopped dill, gherkins, capers, mustard, egg and 2 tablespoons of the flour to mashed potato; stir to combine. Season. Shape mixture into 12 patties; coat patties in remaining flour. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold.
- 3Meanwhile, make lemon mayo.
- 4Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat; cook patties, in batches, adding more oil between batches, for 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 5Serve patties with lemon mayo and lemon wedges, scattered with extra dill.
- 6Place ingredients in a bowl; stir to combine.
The patties can be prepared up to the end of step 2 and refrigerated overnight.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021