- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 (1kg) salmon cutlets
- 2 medium green apples (300g), sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 medium red onion (170g), sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (120g) roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup (90g) grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger (10g), grated
- 1Combine ingredients for palm sugar dressing in small saucepan, bring to a boil. Remove from heat, strain. Cool to room temperature.
- 2Sprinkle salt evenly over fish. Cook fish on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned and cooked as desired.
- 3Combine apple, onions, mint, coriander and juice in large bowl, pour over half of the palm sugar dressing, toss to combine.
- 4Divide fish among serving plates; top with salad then cashews. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
You can also use ocean trout fillets in this recipe. Cooking times will change slightly for each different kind and thickness of fish you select. Salmon and ocean trout are at their best if slightly underdone. Don't slice the apples until you are ready to toss the salad with the dressing because the flesh will brown when exposed to air.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022