- 1/2 cup (100g) red quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 x 125g cans kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 300 grams skinless boneless salmon fillet
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mexican chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 60 grams mixed salad leaves
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a small oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place quinoa and 1 cup (250ml) water in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Fluff quinoa with a fork; stir through beans.
- 3Meanwhile, place salmon on oven tray; sprinkle with chilli powder. Roast salmon for 12 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- 4To make lime dressing, combine lime juice, oil and garlic in a small screw-top jar.
- 5Combine quinoa mixture, salad leaves, tomato, onion and avocado.
- 6Flake salmon into large pieces; add to salad. Drizzle with lime dressing; season with pepper. Top with coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Prepare the recipe to the end of step 4 the night before.
- Pack salmon, dressing and salad ingredients in separate airtight containers (keep avocado whole). Transport in cooler bags. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Continue from step 5.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021