- 1/2 cup (100g) red quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 x 125g cans kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 300 grams skinless boneless salmon fillet
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mexican chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 60 grams mixed salad leaves
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a small oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place quinoa and 1 cup (250ml) water in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Fluff quinoa with a fork; stir through beans.
- 3Meanwhile, place salmon on oven tray; sprinkle with chilli powder. Roast salmon for 12 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- 4To make lime dressing, combine lime juice, oil and garlic in a small screw-top jar.
- 5Combine quinoa mixture, salad leaves, tomato, onion and avocado.
- 6Flake salmon into large pieces; add to salad. Drizzle with lime dressing; season with pepper. Top with coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Prepare the recipe to the end of step 4 the night before.
- Pack salmon, dressing and salad ingredients in separate airtight containers (keep avocado whole). Transport in cooler bags. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Continue from step 5.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingToday 12:13am
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 10:00pm
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseYesterday 8:00pm
- Meatloaf recipe - classicYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019
- Summer puddingNov 12, 2019
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019