- 1/2 cup (100g) red quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 x 125g cans kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 300 grams skinless boneless salmon fillet
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mexican chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 60 grams mixed salad leaves
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a small oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place quinoa and 1 cup (250ml) water in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Fluff quinoa with a fork; stir through beans.
- 3Meanwhile, place salmon on oven tray; sprinkle with chilli powder. Roast salmon for 12 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- 4To make lime dressing, combine lime juice, oil and garlic in a small screw-top jar.
- 5Combine quinoa mixture, salad leaves, tomato, onion and avocado.
- 6Flake salmon into large pieces; add to salad. Drizzle with lime dressing; season with pepper. Top with coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Prepare the recipe to the end of step 4 the night before.
- Pack salmon, dressing and salad ingredients in separate airtight containers (keep avocado whole). Transport in cooler bags. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Continue from step 5.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021