Salmon and zucchini burgers
- 1 medium zucchini (120g), grated coarsely
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 500 gram skinless, boneless salmon fillet, chopped coarsely
- 6 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup (50g) coarse fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 baby cos (romaine) lettuce (80g)
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), sliced thinly
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls (60g), split, toasted
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (135g) hummus
- 2 tablespoon greek-style yoghurt
Salmon and zucchini burgers with green hummus
- 1Combine zucchini and salt in a small bowl; stand 5 minutes. Squeeze excess liquid from zucchini.
- 2Pulse salmon in a food processor into 1cm pieces. Add zucchini, onion, garlic, egg, cumin and half the herbs; pulse until well combined (pulse in short quick bursts to ensure you don't overmix).
- 3To make ⅔ cup fresh breadcrumbs, remove the crust from three 1.5cm thick slices of wholemeal bread; process slices until they become coarse crumbs.
- 4Add breadcrumbs, pulse until combined; season. (The mixture will be quite wet but will firm on chilling.) Using damp hands, shape mixture into four 10cm patties. Place on a baking-paper-lined tray. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, make green hummus. Process hummus and remaining herbs in processor until smooth. Add yoghurt; pulse until combined.
- 6Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook patties for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- 7Place lettuce, patties, green hummus and tomato between toasted rolls.
A fish burger makes a delicious alternative to a beef burger. You can use white-fleshed fish, or even prawns, instead of the salmon for something different.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lemon and meringue passionfruit messYesterday 4:46am
- Gluten-free strawberries and cream layer cakeYesterday 2:23am
- Easy apple pieOct 18, 2020
- Savoury minceOct 18, 2020
- Caramel tartsOct 18, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipesOct 18, 2020
- Shepherdless pieOct 18, 2020
- Sensational salmon pastasOct 18, 2020
- Blueberry and lemon delicious puddingOct 18, 2020
- Melting momentsOct 17, 2020
- Fresh apricot jamOct 17, 2020
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 17, 2020
- Sausage casseroleOct 17, 2020
- Blinis with smoked salmonOct 17, 2020
- Sensational spring and summer saladsOct 16, 2020