Salmon and zucchini burgers
- 1 medium zucchini (120g), grated coarsely
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 500 gram skinless, boneless salmon fillet, chopped coarsely
- 6 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup (50g) coarse fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 baby cos (romaine) lettuce (80g)
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), sliced thinly
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls (60g), split, toasted
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (135g) hummus
- 2 tablespoon greek-style yoghurt
Salmon and zucchini burgers with green hummus
- 1Combine zucchini and salt in a small bowl; stand 5 minutes. Squeeze excess liquid from zucchini.
- 2Pulse salmon in a food processor into 1cm pieces. Add zucchini, onion, garlic, egg, cumin and half the herbs; pulse until well combined (pulse in short quick bursts to ensure you don't overmix).
- 3To make ⅔ cup fresh breadcrumbs, remove the crust from three 1.5cm thick slices of wholemeal bread; process slices until they become coarse crumbs.
- 4Add breadcrumbs, pulse until combined; season. (The mixture will be quite wet but will firm on chilling.) Using damp hands, shape mixture into four 10cm patties. Place on a baking-paper-lined tray. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, make green hummus. Process hummus and remaining herbs in processor until smooth. Add yoghurt; pulse until combined.
- 6Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook patties for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- 7Place lettuce, patties, green hummus and tomato between toasted rolls.
A fish burger makes a delicious alternative to a beef burger. You can use white-fleshed fish, or even prawns, instead of the salmon for something different.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019