- 200 gram baby green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 tomatoes (600g), cut into wedges
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 425 gram canned tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1/2 cup (80g) drained caperberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup (60g) seeded small black olives
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 440 gram canned whole baby new potatoes, rinsed, drained, halved
- 1Boil, steam or microwave beans until just tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- 2Whisk oil, juice and vinegar in a large bowl, add beans and remaining salad ingredients; toss gently to combine.
Salad niçoise is traditionally served on its own as a light meal, accompanied by warm crusty bread and a glass of light red wine. As a main course, serve salad with barbecued fish or other grilled seafood, in place of the canned tuna.