- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup (175g) honey
- 2 medium yellow peaches (300g)
- cooking oil spray
- 4 Greek yiros wraps (380g), warmed (see tips)
- 820 (1¾lb) haloumi (see tips)
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano leaves, extra
- 2 medium lemons (280g), cut into wedges
- 1Place chopped oregano and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat; remove from heat, leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Strain honey through a fine sieve into a jar; seal. Cool to room temperature.
- 2Halve peaches and remove stones. Cut halves into thick slices lengthways.
- 3Heat a chargrill pan (or frying pan) over high heat. Spray cut sides of peaches lightly with cooking oil spray. Cook peaches, cut-side down, for 2 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- 4Spray yiros wraps with cooking oil spray; cook for 1 minute each side or until grill marks appear.
- 5Cut the block of haloumi in half lengthway. Cut each piece in half diagonally to form four triangle-shaped blocks. One at a time, place each triangle-shaped block of haloumi on a flat edge; cut into four thinner triangular pieces. (You will have 16 triangle-shaped pieces of cheese in total.)
- 6Line a large frying pan with greased baking paper. Place pan over a high heat. When pan is hot; cook half the cheese triangles for 1 minute each side or until golden. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat with remaining cheese. Discard paper.
- 7Return cooked cheese to pan with grilled peaches and oregano infused honey. Turn peaches in honey to coat. Squeeze juice from half the lemon wedges into the pan; season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- 8Sprinkle saganaki with extra oregano. Serve warm straight from the pan, with wraps and remaining lemon wedges.
Greek yiros wraps are soft, white and pliable flat breads, available from delis; use pitta bread instead.
- Large blocks of haloumi are available from delis, you can also use smaller blocks to make up the total weight.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019