- 150 gram frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup (55g) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) water
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon rosewater
- 3/4 cup (180ml) thickened (heavy) cream
- 125 gram fresh raspberries, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease a large oven tray; line with baking paper.
- 2Process raspberries, 2 tablespoons of the icing sugar and the water until smooth. Push raspberry puree through a fine sieve over a small bowl; discard seeds.
- 3Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, beating until glossy and stiff. Beat in vinegar and rosewater on low speed until just combined (overbeating at this stage will cause the meringue to deflate).
- 4Drop large serving-spoon-sized amounts of meringue mixture (about ⅓ cup) onto the tray, 5cm apart. Using a pastry brush, brush a little of the raspberry puree on the meringues, swirling gently to create a brush stroke effect.
- 5Reduce oven to 120°C; bake meringues for 45 minutes or until dry to touch. Cool in oven with door ajar.
- 6Meanwhile, place remaining raspberry puree in a small saucepan with the remaining icing sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened slightly. Cool.
- 7Beat cream in a small bowl with the electric mixer. Serve meringues with cream, drizzled with raspberry sauce, and extra fresh raspberries.
Keep sheets of paper towel within easy reach when brushing the raspberry puree onto the meringues; wipe the brush between each stroke to keep the bristles clean. Meringues can be made a day ahead; store them in an airtight container at room temperature. The electric mixer does the work to create the silky meringue mixture. These meringues are dolloped onto the tray for a rustic look so there’s no need for precise piping!
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut jam dropsToday 12:49am
- Corn and quinoa chowderYesterday 10:28pm
- Gluten free chickpea schnitzels and yoghurt sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mexican pulled porkYesterday 2:00pm
- Provencal beef stewYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 sensational slow-cooked pork mealsYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken saltimboccaYesterday 6:43am
- Healthy soup recipesYesterday 6:23am
- Slow-cooker honey mustard chickenYesterday 5:25am
- One-pot rice and chickenYesterday 4:29am
- Yoghurt wraps with pick-your-protein scrambleMay 16, 2022
- Quattro formaggio pizzaMay 16, 2022
- Chilli beans with tomato sauceMay 16, 2022
- Chinese honey chickenMay 16, 2022