Rose queen puddings
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 slice white bread (180g)
- 2 cup (500ml) milk
- 2 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 1/4 cup (275g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 1/3 cup (110g) rose petal jam or berry jam
- 2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- pink food colouring
- organic pink rose petals
Rose queen puddings
- 1Separate eggs. Remove crusts from bread; chop bread finely. Place bread in medium heatproof bowl.
- 2Bring milk to the boil in small saucepan; pour over bread, stand 15 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F.
- 4Whisk egg yolks, cornflour, ¼ cup of the sugar and the rosewater in medium bowl until combined. Stir in warm milk and bread mixture.
- 5Pour mixture into six 1-cup (250ml) ovenproof dishes, place on oven tray. Bake puddings about 25 minutes or until custard is set; remove from oven. Spoon jam equally over custards.
- 6Increase oven temperature to 200°C/400°F. Beat egg whites with remaining sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until sugar is dissolved. Spread meringue over jam. Bake about 3 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned.
- 7Combine extra sugar and a few drops of food colouring in small resealable bag; rub bag until sugar is coloured evenly.
- 8Serve puddings sprinkled with pink sugar and rose petals (organic flower petals are available from some florists; make sure they have not been sprayed with chemicals).
Rose petal jam is available from Middle-Eastern foodstores and delis.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Braised beef brisketMay 28, 2020
- Pressure Cooker Beef BourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- All of our best nachos recipesMay 28, 2020
- Hasselback potatoesMay 28, 2020