Wholemeal pizza dough
- 2 teaspoon (7g) dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) warm water, approximately
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) bread flour or plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) wholemeal plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
Root vegetable tray pizza
- 4 x 5cm fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 small potatoes (480g), unpeeled, scrubbed, sliced thinly
- 1 small kumara (orange sweet potato) (250g), unpeeled, scrubbed, sliced thinly
- 1 small parsnip (120g), unpeeled, scrubbed, sliced thinly lengthways
- 100 gram baby (dutch) carrots, unpeeled, scrubbed, trimmed
- 1 cup (115g) firmly packed trimmed watercress
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 30 gram persian feta, crumbled
Root vegetable tray pizza
- 1Make wholemeal pizza dough: Combine yeast, sugar and the warm water in a small bowl; stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until mixture is frothy.
- 2Combine flours and salt in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture and oil, to a soft dough. Knead dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large oiled bowl, cover; stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- 3Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease a 28cm x 32cm oven tray.
- 4Remove leaves from rosemary sprigs; finely chop two-thirds of the leaves. Combine chopped rosemary, garlic, thyme and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small bowl.
- 5Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth. Flatten dough; roll to a 28cm x 32cm rectangle. Carefully lift onto tray; spread rosemary mixture over base leaving a 1cm border. Top with a layer of potato, kumara, parsnip and carrot; sprinkle with whole rosemary leaves. Season. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 6Bake pizza for 20 minutes or until base is browned and crisp.
- 7Meanwhile, combine watercress, 2 teaspoons of the oil, rind and juice in a medium bowl; season to taste.
- 8Drizzle pizza with remaining oil; top with feta and watercress salad.
Use a mandoline or V-slicer to slice the vegetables very thinly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm