- 4 large artichokes
- 8 mint leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 gram rocket leaves
- 20 green olives
- extra virgin olive oil and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1To prepare the artichokes, remove and discard outer leaves until you see the yellow-green base. Trim the top of the artichoke by about one-third and discard. Remove the stem and discard.
- 2Cut the artichokes in half lengthways. Using a teaspoon, remove the hairy choke from the centre and discard. As you go, place the prepared artichoke hearts in a bowl of acidulated water (cold water with lemon juice added). This will prevent the artichokes from browning.
- 3Combine the herbs, anchovy fillets, parmesan and breadcrumbs in a bowl and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fill the artichoke cavities with the mixture.
- 4Press the artichoke halves back together again. Put the artichoke halves, top-side up, into a saucepan large enough to fit them snugly. Add the wine, bay leaf and 1/2 cup boiling water to the saucepan. Cover with a piece of wet baking paper and then place a lid on the saucepan.
- 5Bring to the boil over a medium heat, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
- 6Serve with rocket, green olives, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and lemon wedges.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeAug 23, 2019
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019