- 4 large artichokes
- 8 mint leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 gram rocket leaves
- 20 green olives
- extra virgin olive oil and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1To prepare the artichokes, remove and discard outer leaves until you see the yellow-green base. Trim the top of the artichoke by about one-third and discard. Remove the stem and discard.
- 2Cut the artichokes in half lengthways. Using a teaspoon, remove the hairy choke from the centre and discard. As you go, place the prepared artichoke hearts in a bowl of acidulated water (cold water with lemon juice added). This will prevent the artichokes from browning.
- 3Combine the herbs, anchovy fillets, parmesan and breadcrumbs in a bowl and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fill the artichoke cavities with the mixture.
- 4Press the artichoke halves back together again. Put the artichoke halves, top-side up, into a saucepan large enough to fit them snugly. Add the wine, bay leaf and 1/2 cup boiling water to the saucepan. Cover with a piece of wet baking paper and then place a lid on the saucepan.
- 5Bring to the boil over a medium heat, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
- 6Serve with rocket, green olives, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and lemon wedges.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020