There's nothing like a piece of homemade rocky road, and the best thing is that you can play around with the ingredients, adding more or less of your favourite bits. This version uses store-bought biscuits and is nut-free too, so it's great for kids parties.
- 2 x 375g packets milk chocolate melts
- 200 gram marshmallows, quartered
- 200 gram shortbread biscuits, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3/4 cup (60g) shredded coconut
- 1Grease and line base and sides of a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- 2Melt chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, combine marshmallows, biscuits and coconut in a large bowl. Add chocolate to marshmallow mixture and stir gently to combine. Spoon mixture into the prepared pan; tap pan on bench to settle mixture. Set aside until set.
For a gluten-free version, use rice cookies or other gluten-free biscuits (available from supermarkets and health food stores). Can be made up to 4 days ahead. Keep in an airtight container in a cool place or refrigerated.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020