There's nothing like a piece of homemade rocky road, and the best thing is that you can play around with the ingredients, adding more or less of your favourite bits. This version uses store-bought biscuits and is nut-free too, so it's great for kids parties.
- 2 x 375g packets milk chocolate melts
- 200 gram marshmallows, quartered
- 200 gram shortbread biscuits, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3/4 cup (60g) shredded coconut
- 1Grease and line base and sides of a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- 2Melt chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, combine marshmallows, biscuits and coconut in a large bowl. Add chocolate to marshmallow mixture and stir gently to combine. Spoon mixture into the prepared pan; tap pan on bench to settle mixture. Set aside until set.
For a gluten-free version, use rice cookies or other gluten-free biscuits (available from supermarkets and health food stores). Can be made up to 4 days ahead. Keep in an airtight container in a cool place or refrigerated.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021