- 6 trimmed stalks rhubarb (330g), chopped ino 8cm lengths
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds scraped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 400 millilitre coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey or pure maple syrup, extra
- 1/2 cup (80g) natural sliced almonds, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (100g) virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place rhubarb, vanilla bean and seeds on oven tray. Drizzle with balsamic and honey. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender; stand until cool. Discard vanilla bean.
- 3Process or blend the rhubarb mixture, coconut milk and extra honey until smooth; pour into ice-block mould. Cover mould with a double layer of plastic wrap (this will help keep the ice-block sticks upright.) Pierce plastic with a small knife, then push an ice-block stick into each hole. Freeze for 4 hours or until frozen.
- 4When ready to coat, make chocolate coating: Place oil, sifted cocoa, extract and honey in a small saucepan over low heat; stir until oil is melted and mixture is combined. Remove from heat; stand at room temperature until cool.
- 5Line an oven tray with baking paper and place in the freezer. Pour the chocolate coating into a small, deep bowl. Place nuts in another small bowl. Dip popsicle moulds very briefly in boiling water; remove popsicles. Dip the popsicles halfway into the chocolate coating, then dip into nuts. Place on the cold oven tray. Freeze for 5 minutes or until chocolate coating is set.
If the chocolate coating thickens too much while coating the popsicles, place it in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it on MEDIUM (50%) for 10 seconds to thin slightly. Don't worry if the chocolate coating has a slight whitish look to it, this is simply the coconut fat, but it won't affect the taste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 2:08am
- Slow-cooker butter chickenYesterday 5:00pm
- Chocolate crackle sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Butter chicken puff pastry hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy recipes to bake with your little onesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Caprese saladJul 01, 2022
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertJul 01, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022