- 2 x 400g (12½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 x 400g (12½ ounces) canned butter beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Drain then rinse chickpeas and beans; place in a medium heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water; drain. Dry on paper towel. (This will ensure that the chickpeas and beans will dry and crisp during roasting.)
- 3Place chickpeas and beans on tray. Bake for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden and crisp.
- 4Transfer roasted chickpeas and beans to a medium bowl. Add oil, rind, cumin, coriander, chilli flakes and coconut sugar. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper; toss until well coated.
You can use dried legumes; soak overnight first and cook for 1½ hours in boiling water. Experiment with spices and herbs to flavour. store the roasted mix in an airtight container or jar for up to 4 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Fabulous frittata recipesJul 12, 2020
- Creative cabbage recipesJul 12, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerJul 12, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020