- 2 x 400g (12½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 x 400g (12½ ounces) canned butter beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Drain then rinse chickpeas and beans; place in a medium heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water; drain. Dry on paper towel. (This will ensure that the chickpeas and beans will dry and crisp during roasting.)
- 3Place chickpeas and beans on tray. Bake for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden and crisp.
- 4Transfer roasted chickpeas and beans to a medium bowl. Add oil, rind, cumin, coriander, chilli flakes and coconut sugar. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper; toss until well coated.
You can use dried legumes; soak overnight first and cook for 1½ hours in boiling water. Experiment with spices and herbs to flavour. store the roasted mix in an airtight container or jar for up to 4 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019