- 2 x 400g (12½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 x 400g (12½ ounces) canned butter beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Drain then rinse chickpeas and beans; place in a medium heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water; drain. Dry on paper towel. (This will ensure that the chickpeas and beans will dry and crisp during roasting.)
- 3Place chickpeas and beans on tray. Bake for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden and crisp.
- 4Transfer roasted chickpeas and beans to a medium bowl. Add oil, rind, cumin, coriander, chilli flakes and coconut sugar. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper; toss until well coated.
You can use dried legumes; soak overnight first and cook for 1½ hours in boiling water. Experiment with spices and herbs to flavour. store the roasted mix in an airtight container or jar for up to 4 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021