- 2 x 400g (12½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 x 400g (12½ ounces) canned butter beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Drain then rinse chickpeas and beans; place in a medium heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water; drain. Dry on paper towel. (This will ensure that the chickpeas and beans will dry and crisp during roasting.)
- 3Place chickpeas and beans on tray. Bake for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden and crisp.
- 4Transfer roasted chickpeas and beans to a medium bowl. Add oil, rind, cumin, coriander, chilli flakes and coconut sugar. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper; toss until well coated.
You can use dried legumes; soak overnight first and cook for 1½ hours in boiling water. Experiment with spices and herbs to flavour. store the roasted mix in an airtight container or jar for up to 4 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019
- Prawn and mango saladDec 02, 2019
- Cocktail sauceDec 02, 2019