- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 small cauliflower (1kg), trimmed, cut into florets
- 500 gram brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (90g) tahini
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cold water
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Combine oil, cumin, seeds and honey in a large bowl; season. Add cauliflower and sprouts; toss to combine. Place vegetable mixture on tray.
- 3Bake for 15 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Add nuts to tray; bake for a further 5 minutes or until nuts are golden and vegetables are tender.
- 4Meanwhile, make tahini dressing: Combine ingredients in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 5Serve vegetables topped with herbs and drizzled with tahini dressing.
Nigella seeds, also known as kolonji, are the seeds sprinkled on Turkish bread. They are available from delis and greengrocers that stock spices, otherwise substitute cumin seeds. Before using tahini always stir the oil that sits on top of the paste back into it and ensure that any liquid that is added to thin tahini is cold and not hot, otherwise it will have the opposite effect and thicken the tahini.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021