- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 small cauliflower (1kg), trimmed, cut into florets
- 500 gram brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (90g) tahini
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cold water
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Combine oil, cumin, seeds and honey in a large bowl; season. Add cauliflower and sprouts; toss to combine. Place vegetable mixture on tray.
- 3Bake for 15 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Add nuts to tray; bake for a further 5 minutes or until nuts are golden and vegetables are tender.
- 4Meanwhile, make tahini dressing: Combine ingredients in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 5Serve vegetables topped with herbs and drizzled with tahini dressing.
Nigella seeds, also known as kolonji, are the seeds sprinkled on Turkish bread. They are available from delis and greengrocers that stock spices, otherwise substitute cumin seeds. Before using tahini always stir the oil that sits on top of the paste back into it and ensure that any liquid that is added to thin tahini is cold and not hot, otherwise it will have the opposite effect and thicken the tahini.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019