- 4 medium carrots (480g), quartered lengthways
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tablespon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 400 gram can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespon tahini
- 2 tablespon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Combine carrots, garlic and oil in an ovenproof dish. Bake 40 minutes or until tender; cool slightly. Reserve pan juices. Squeeze garlic from skins; discard skins.
- 3Blend or process carrot, garlic and reserved pan juices with remaining ingredients and 2 tbsp water until smooth. Season to taste.
Hummus will keep, covered, in the fridge for up to 4 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021